The DOH Hospital Star Award is a regulatory initiative to recognize hospitals upholding the best health practices in their delivery of healthcare services and to enhance the quality of service through incentives.
Criteria for awarding are based on the following categories:
1. Safety of patients and employees and Infection Control- programs to keep the environment free from harm
2. Service provision- innovations that impact on patient care and outcome
3. Customer and Employees Satisfaction- plans and projects that promote increase in level of satisfaction of customer and employees and experience
4. Community-based projects and activities- innovations to promote health in the community
5. Quality Improvement- provides plans, studies, and projects to continually improve systems, patient safety, and clinical outcomes